Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Trouble With First Franklin Mortgage

Sophia Sophie Icarus


When force is not even enough to lift me a book and immerse myself in it, is the cinema. I do not remember what was the first movie I saw. Sad that my memory is not retained. But I do remember the first time my eyes got behind a camera and felt the immense power of fixed realities. Filmmakers are the big liars par excellence. Making movies is to reinvent the world. And when politics disgusts me, human relationships and adulthood overwhelm me hit me with his load of monotony and problems, I can always find at hand, a movie that takes me to another world.


That in a country like Guatemala is made movie is a miracle, is a party, is a path to true hope for the bet to work together, to new realities. Making movies is to believe in magic, alchemy and have the power to fulfill our dreams. I'm sure if there is anything redeemable in the year 2010 in the history of Guatemala, is the effort of hundreds if not thousands of artists, technicians, professionals and enthusiasts who have helped to produce more than a dozen feature films and hundreds shorts and documentaries.


film is made in Guatemala and in Quetzaltenango, Solola, in Coban and Central America. The Festival ÍCARO, product Comal House special effort is the year's most anticipated platform to find these jobs. But is the audience, the movie buff, who sits in front of the screen and believe, the true God and the Devil in this story. It is the power of belief, to change, to be fertile ground for new realities. If you do not clutter the cinema, if not buy the movies (as pirated or legal), if not comment, critique, recommend, none of this makes sense. We


for the movies!


(Column published in Wrestling elPeriódic or Wednesday November 17, 2010).

0 comments:

Post a Comment