Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1 Gallon Of Paint Per Square Meter

coup de grace

Panajachel, twelve o'clock on a Friday. Finish dinner at friend's house and started to walk the ten blocks that separate us Jucanya neighborhood. " In that short distance we came upon six different groups of hooded men with sticks. Are organized groups of neighbors for the safety of the people. The first four "checkpoints" give us good night, let us go but we do not take their eyes off him. Some drink coffee, other liquor. In the fifth group, miss a "masked" asking us where we came from, where we go and what we do so later walking on the street. answer I'm not Cinderella does it matter, but the wisdom of my companion, my salvation. "We come from dinner and go home." "Spend it" , listen. My liver wants to scream anything but corn. The following blocks to my house we do in silence. The last group of residents greeted us very friendly, men of the neighborhood and know us.

formidable I think the neighbors are organized by security pueblo.Pero in five years I have lived in Panajachel and out at night, is the first time I feel afraid in the street and it is their fault. I have fear of those who say take care. Why should cover your face? Why not the front patrol discovered and badges that identify them? Who is reviving these aberrations unconstitutional? Do these new patrol right to request papers to pedestrians and issues that make tonight? Who cares who we say ourselves? Why not use technology such as CCTV cameras instead of techniques cavemen?

Atitlán As if I had not enough with the cyanobacterium, landslides, destroyed roads and pollution, now we add early prohibition, semi curfew and patrolling in groups of hooded night ... How happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment